Wash The Mask And The Hose Frequently
The first and the most important thing to know is that your mask and the hose must be cleaned on a regular basis. They are an ideal environment for growing bacteria, germs, and also viruses. Cleaning on a regular basis prevents this. The best method for cleaning this is to use ozone cleaner. The best example is PrimeClean that kills 99.99% of bacteria and germs. It kills the COVID19 virus as well. Yes, it is perfectly safe to use. You may want to clean CPAP Tubing Connectors and the humidifier at the same time.
Clean Mask And The Hose Once Per Week
Ideally, you will need to clean the mask and the hos every single day. However, many patients don’t have the time to clean this often. As such, you can clean the components once per week. A bit better decision is to clean two times per week. By using this tip you will make sure your CPAP equipment is perfectly clean at all times.
As you know by now, cleaning your CPAP components is mandatory and something all users must do every single week. This is a simple process that can be completed within minutes. You need time and basic things that you probably already have in your home.
Anyway, for this task you will need:
- Antibacterial soap
Once you have prepared all of this, you will need to follow the steps we will reveal below. Do not skip the steps and make sure each one is completed perfectly. Now, follow the steps.
- Disassembly of the CPAP machine. This means you have to unplug the machine from the power socket and detach the hose and the mask. You also need to disassembly the headgear and all smaller components.
- Wipe the machine with a dry cloth and you are done with this step. The machine itself doesn’t need to be washed. Replace the filters if needed or wash them.
- Mix water (warm water) and soap or you can use white vinegar. The hot water must be avoided because it can damage some elements on your equipment.
- Soak the hose and the mask in the mixture. You can also soak the humidifier and all other, small components. Let them stay there for 40 minutes.
- Now you will need to remove these from the water and rinse them with cold water. Use a dry cloth to wipe them and make sure there is no debris or anything that doesn’t look clean on the components.
- Let the parts air dry. This is the safest thing to do. By using it, you will make sure there is no humidity on the hose and the mask which can promote bacteria growth. You may need a few hours to complete this process.
- Attach the mask and the hose and you can continue using your CPAP machine.
Once you are done, it is recommended to turn on the machine and check for any leaks or any damages. Chances for this happening are low but it is best to check before you start using the machine at night.