Why Cleaning CPAP Components Is Mandatory?
The goal of this is to kill all the bacteria and germs inside the hose and the mask. These can cause irritation, allergies, and even infections that will make your treatment almost impossible to use. For this purpose, using CPAP Sterilization Machine is extremely beneficial. Once you remove all the threats in the machine you will have 100% clean equipment that is safe to use.
How To Clean CPAP Tubes
The first thing to know is that your tubes have a huge role in the treatment. As such, cleaning them almost daily is a good idea. Anyway, follow these steps.
- Your CPAP tubes must be kept away from pets because they can damage them easily with claws and teeth. Always keep the machine in a safe and sound place.
- Use soap (mild only) and fresh water to clean the tubes. You should use distilled water because tap water has minerals that can create deposits.
- Add vinegar to the water and use this for cleaning as well. Rinse with fresh water once you are done. The water-vinegar mixture should be 3:1.
- Use PrimeClean if you want a safer and faster method. This kills 99.99% of bacteria and germs and even viruses. It uses ozone which is the most effective method of them all.
- You need to clean it once per week or once per day if that is possible.
Your CPAP machine has one or two filters. These need to be cleaned as well because they filter the air so these can be clogged or damaged.
- When you locate the black of gray filter on the machine you can wash it. This filter must be replaced only if it is damaged.
- All white filters must be replaced once in 2months. Some can last longer while others can last shorter. This depends on the manufacturer and the type of filter used.
- These filters will allow the dust to pass them and reach your lungs so you need to maintain and replace the property.
Cleaning CPAP Masks
The main part of the system is a CPAP mask. These must be cleaned as well and it is extremely important to do that on a regular basis. You need a cleaning device in order to make this process much easier and simpler.
- Remove the cushions and headgear. These are sensitive and you need to take a lot of care. Keep in mind that coactions need to be washed daily using a mild soap.
- Use mild soap and fresh water to clean all the components of the mask.
- Be free to use PrimeClean if you want to get the best results. As we have mentioned earlier, this is the best and the safest method of them all. It is also extremely effective against all kinds of threats.
- Frame and also headgear must be washed once per week. You can use PrimeClean’s bag if you want to clean these on a daily basis.
Replace Old And Damaged Components
How often you need to replace a CPAP component will be based on the user manual of the CPAP machine or the mask for example. Some masks must be replaced within 6 months while others can last one year. Filters need to be replaced on a monthly basis for the best results.
If a tube or a mask is damaged replace it immediately. This will cause a negative effect on the machine and you won’t be able to get satisfactory results. Your treatment will be severely affected.
Don’t Do These Things
Never use harsh chemicals when cleaning CPAP equipment. Also, do not use bleach or alcohol. Do not clean dry your components in the sunlight. Always let them air dry. If you have a cold or a coronavirus infection, clean the components on a daily basis.
As you can see CPAP Sterilization Machine is a mandatory and extremely important piece of equipment that will keep your CPAP elements safe and sound. Just make sure that these are clean at all times and all damaged parts are replaced.