You Must Clean Your CPAP Machine
Using a CPAP ozone sanitize process is highly recommended. As a matter of fact, cleaning your CPAP machine is extremely important. This is done to remove any dust, debris,bacteria, germs, and even viruses from the components and make CPAP treatment safe and sound. If you do not clean your machine, you are looking at a high risk of infection, allergy and so much more. It is mandatory to add that using bleach, alcohol, and a strong solution is a big problem and something all of you must avoid at all costs.
Cleaning CPAP Machine
There are a lot of ways you can use and each one has pros and cons. The most common is using soap and water. You must use mild soap and you must avoid the aforementioned chemicals. They can destroy CPAP components and cause severe allergies and infections.
You can also use PrimeClean which is an ozone cleaner. As such, it uses ozone to kill 99.99% of bacteria, germs, and viruses. It can kill the COVID19 virus as well. Using it is safe and extremely easy. You need to follow these steps:
- Disassembly of the machine.
- Put CPAP mask, hose, and humidifier in the included bag.
- Connect PrimeClean and turn it on.
- Wait 35 minutes.
- Wait additional 35 minutes for ozone to converts back into oxygen.
You can use another method such as using vinegar and water.This method is great for killing some bacteria and removing dirt and grime.But, it is ineffective against most bacteria and it takes a lot of time to be completed. You need to manually clean every single piece of the system. Another issue is that the environment will be moist which is ideal for bacteria growth.
Things You Need To Remember And Keep In Mind
Cleaning a CPAP machine is simple but only if you know what you are doing. As such, we have determined that most users need the facts mentioned below and they need to memorize each one. These are very important and we can even call them essential.
- Your CPAP humidified must be used with distilled water only. There won’t be mineral deposits if you use this water.
- Do not use the dishwasher for masks and hoses.It can damage the components and you will need to replace them.
- Always read the user manual and clean or replace the filters of your CPAP machine as specified. Different models have different requirements.
- CPAP components need to be replaced on a regular basis and the user manual will specify when you have to replace each one. This refers to masks and hoses among other things.
- Never leave CPAP components under direct sunlight or they can change color.
- Do not use a drier to speed up the process. Air drying is mandatory in this case scenario.
Speed Up The Process
The only way you can actually speed up the process of cleaning CPAP components is to use PrimeClean. This is the most effective method of them all and the one that is extremely appealing. You can also use wet wipes for this purpose. There are special products of this kind that are safe to use but also help you speed up things. These can help you remove dead cells, sweat, and more. You can also use CPAP sprays that are great for removing hard to reach debris and grime. They are also safe to use but they are designed to be an addition to the actual cleaning process and not to replace it completely.
The Final Word
Use the CPAP Ozone Sanitizer process on a daily basis and you will be fine. The risk from infection, allergy, or any other issues will be decreased to 0. Always remember that a clean CPAP machine is the best one and it will help you get the best and the most perks from the therapy.